Senior Brewer at Wimbledon Brewery
Wimbledon Brewery is seeking a Head Brewer to join the production team. Since opening in 2015 Wimbledon Brewery has established a good reputation locally for supplying well brewed, quality traditional cask and innovative craft beers to its customers.
- Management and operation of the brewery, ensuring operations are efficient, hygienic and safe. We are a small team and require a ‘Hands on’ approach
- Responsible for contracts and supply of brewhouse materials, packaging goods, chemicals and other materials
- Ensure inventory is in keeping with production whilst balancing cost and cash flow considerations
- Ensure continuous improvement to the product and process whilst maintaining beer quality through analysis and taste panels
- New product development to expand Wimbledon Brewery’s beer portfolio
- Work closely with sales and distribution teams to meet sales demand
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Brewing processes from receipt of raw materials through to packaged finished goods
- Develop and manage H&S, SALSA and all regulatory affairs
- Manage 3rd party packaging suppliers
- Work with our current senior brewer, sales, management and Directors to contribute to the future success of the business as a key member of the senior management team, attend regular management meetings and provide strategic and tactical input into the brewery business plans
- Represent the brewery and support the sales team when required at events such as trade shows, ‘Meet the Brewer’, beer festivals or brewery tours
Who we are looking for:
- A good level of brewing experience in a leadership/management role, with a professional brewing qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including safety standards, Government regulatory programs, HACCP, SALSA and production management systems such as Brewman
- A strong understanding of process controls, troubleshooting and process improvement
- A passion for beer and the development of new beers
- Strong organisational, planning and communication skills combined with attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritise, adapt to changing situations and stay focused on objectives
- Must be flexible and willing to take a hands-on approach to support the brewing operations
- Passion and professionalism with an optimistic outlook to life and beer
We are offering a competitive salary based on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: REF 2021 Head Brewer.
All applications treated in strict confidence. Applications only from candidates eligible to work in the UK/EU please.