Production Brewer at Five Points Brewing Co.
The Five Points Brewing Co is looking for a passionate and experienced Production Brewer to be responsible for everything from raw material preparation to wort production and cellaring on our 35hL brewhouse. You will report to the Head Brewer.
This is a varied and hands-on role, learning new skills and with scope for progression within the company.
We are a SALSA approved brewery, committed to a quality product. We are seeking a minimum two years experience as a production brewer. We are one of the UK’s only employee owned breweries, with a generous benefits package.
- Wort production, monitoring fermentations and performing of cellaring tasks on a shift basis including but not limited to: beer transfers, centrifuging, yeast handling, dry-hopping, and CO2/DO checks
- Performing Quality Control checks in line with our lab requirements
- Take responsibility for ensuring good overall brewery hygiene including CIPs on vessels, product lines and packaging equipment
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies
- Effectively communicate with all team members
- Investigates and eliminates potential hazards and bottlenecks in production
- Ensuring adherence to our statutory obligations, HACCP Plan, Quality Management System and Health & Safety Procedures
- Undertakes research and develops processes to achieve positive change for our brewing processes
- Assist on and oversee the packaging lines including kegging, casking, canning & bottling where required
- Help to host and conduct brewery tours and ‘Meet the Brewer’ events
- Stock control and inventory management
- The role involves shift work including early mornings, evenings and some weekend work
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, East London. We are a London Living Wage employer, committed to our staff welfare, training and progression, and a key player in the UK craft beer industry.
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or equivalent certification required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a commercial brewery
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Ability to move and lift kegs and casks comfortably
Salary & Benefits (including training)
- 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days of annual leave per annum pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Community and charity day leave
- Annual leave enhancements including additional day annual leave on your birthday and extra annual leave for every calendar year worked
- Discounts in sister businesses and venues
- Free beer!
Please send a covering email or letter explaining how you match the criteria for this role and why you think you would be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject “Production Brewer”. Please also attach an up to date CV.
Closing date 07/10/22. Interviews with suitable qualified candidates may be held in advance of this date