Production Brewer at Beavertown Brewery
We are looking for a Production Brewer to join our Production team at our Tottenham Hale site! Reporting into our Brewing Manager, this role will work within the Brewing and Cellaring team to ensure the production of wort, its fermentation and conditioning in line with Quality Control and Production targets.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques. As a member of the Production team, you will ensure all beer leaving our brewery is produced to the highest possible standard.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out daily brewhouse duties
- Responsible for all aspects of wort production
- Malt preparation
- Brewhouse CIPs
- Keep systems and records up to date (including but not limited to Tanknet, SAP and full Microsoft Office package excel/Sharepoint/Microsoft Teams/Powerapps)
- Assist other brewers during shift overlaps
- Ensure brewing teams are carrying out their tasks
- Perform basic quality checks, yeast counts and yeast viability
- Ensure correct use, storage and stock level management of relevant raw materials (malt, hops, salts etc)
- Assist Senior Brewers in Project work where needed
- Supervise, guide and teach junior members of the team
- Carry out daily cellaring duties
- Measure tank CO2s/DOs – carbonating beers as required
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Yeasting /hopping off vessels as required
- Yeast management
- Carry out Vessel cleans (CIPs)
- Operate HopNik
- Separation of green beer using a centrifuge
- Monitor fermentation and ensure Fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Carry out hygiene work, ensuring the brewery is kept clean
- Ensure accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Brewery
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Packaging
- Ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced Production environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Capable of physical work, including lifting at least 25kg loads.
- Positive and committed attitude
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: recruitment@beavertownbrewery