Lead Packaging Operator at Mondo Brewing Co.
Who are we:
We are an independent brewery based in Battersea, South West London, and we’re passionate about brewing bold and balanced beers. We brew in one of the great beer capitals, with locality and tradition just as important to our beers as our international team. Mondo Brewing are a London Living Wage Employer and a Work In Progress brewery, striving for diversity in our team.
Mondo are currently looking for a Packaging Operator to join our expanding team. The Packaging Operator will ensure all beer leaving our brewery in bottle, can and keg is packaged to the highest industry standard for a consistent and amazing Mondo experience. We are looking for someone who is an experienced packaging machine operator on Isobaric bottling, canning and kegging machines. This is to include troubleshooting on the fly, knowledge of pressure sensors and filling heads, and meeting packaging goals on a weekly basis. This position requires a high degree of mobility and general knowledge of the mechanics of the machines. Please note this role will have no involvement in brewing our beers.
Responsibilities, deliverables expected:
- Packaging product efficiently and to specification.
- Successfully operating the packaging machinery and solving problems to enhance their performance and reliability.
- Moving pallets and stock items with a forklift and pallet truck.
- Performing scheduled maintenance.
- Maintaining S.O.P., Equipment Maintenance Forms and updating SALSA documentation where necessary.
- Working with Operations and Production Plannings team to manage stock levels.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can work independently and problem solve with a positive attitude.
- Has general technical skills with automated packaging machinery.
- Is proficient with basic computing and has ability to train on our brewhouse software. ~ Has strong record keeping, reporting and analytical abilities.
- Is passionate about craft beer and has the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Experience within a beverage packaging environement. ~ High standard of verbal and written communication.
- Forklift license.
- Beer allowance.