Laboratory Technician at Camden Town Brewery
Quality is owned by everyone at Camden. It underpins everything that we stand for and keeps us brewing the freshest beer all year round.
The Lab team at Camden plays an instrumental role in helping the Brewery meet the highest standards; performing a variety of tasks that enable the production side of the business to produce our award-winning beer. They do this by feeding analytical data back into production that shows them what they’re doing well and what areas they need to focus on.
- The Lab Team performs quality analysis checks across all aspects of production including raw materials, brewing, cellaring, processing and packaging. They do this to ensure that we are producing beer within the strict standards we have set for ourselves.
- This includes Chemical, Microbiological, Physical and Sensory analysis.
- Making sure that the equipment we use to do tests are in proper working order (calibrated, cleaned and maintained).
- In addition, the lab supports technical projects by providing analysis and reporting on a variety of continuous improvement opportunities for multiple departments.
- The Lab Team does this for the Enfield site, the Kentish Town site and our cross-brewing partners in the UK and Europe.
- Understand and execute lab analysis methods and operations as necessary.
- Required to collect and analyse samples from the plant as necessary for chemical, physical and micro testing.
- Perform calibrations on laboratory=based and portable field equipment as required by maintenance plans.
- Willingness to assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams across all sites.
- Help the production areas understand their strengths and opportunities by assisting in audits and process improvement strategies.
You’ll definitely need:
- Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
- Assist with Quality Systems activities to ensure the integrity of the product and Food Safety standards are met.
- Understand Quality Systems and perform audits as required.
- Knowing the basics of how a food production site functions is an advantage, even better if it’s a brewery.
- Experience/knowledge of working in a laboratory, production role or in a Quality Systems position.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount to thriving in the role. The results you produce and the decisions you make have significant impact on production team processes, KPI’s and problem solving.
It would be ideal if you have:
- A flexible and adaptable attitude and the ability to take initiative in your work.
- Technical aptitude, comfortable using Microsoft Office.
The lab operates 7 days a week, 16 hours a day (06:00 to 22:00) running an AM and a PM shift. This equates to around 2 weekends a month.
The Lab Team work a modified Panama roster, but this is subject to change to meet the ever changing requirements of the business.
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for training and career progression
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Weekly beer allowance
- Private pension
- Choice of Private Healthcare or Wellbeing Allowance
- Full brewery induction
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Run club, football team, book club
- Access to Wagestream and Safestream
Camden Town Brewery is an Equal Opportunities Employer – proud to pay the London Living Wage; Disability Confident Committed and Stonewall Diversity Champions.