Electrical Engineer at Meantime Brewing Co.
Meantime Brewing Company are looking for a multi-skilled engineer with an electrical bias to work alongside the mechanical engineer to deliver planned and breakdown engineering solutions for the site. You will also be responsible for all the boiler, calibration, and routine site maintenance solutions.
As the electrical engineer, you will have the responsibility for the sites electrical safety and the main point of contact for PLC and systems control interrogation.
As part of a close knit 3 person team, you will be also be working collaboratively across other key teams of the business including brewing, packaging, safety and quality teams.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND OUTPUTS:
- Safely deliver the site electrical planned and breakdown maintenance requirement in a documented and timely manner
- Responsible for All site process equipment calibrations to the defined standards, maintaining records and minimum spares as required
- Ensure the site is operating within all electrical safety guidelines and to the defined standards as listed within the IEE 18 edition regulations
- Own and maintain the PLC /control system data – ensure all changes are documented and backed up.
- Support and provide cover for the mechanical engineer
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Preferably qualified to the 18th Edition I.E.E regulations update.
- Understanding and interrogation of electrical faults / PLC controllers
- Experience in pneumatic and hydraulic systems would be preferable
- Experience of working in a Food / FMCG environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- An attention to detail and a willingness to get things right first time
What You Get:
- Competitive basic salary
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Beer allowance
- Product discount
- 25 days holiday (Pro Rata)
- You get to work at a brewery!
- (Some of the benefits above apply as a cash value equivalent as it is a FTC)
- Full-time - 40 hours a week
- 12 month FTC
- The Meantime Brewery in Greenwich
- Nearest tube station North Greenwich - 10/15 mins walk away
- Overground - Maze Hill
- Parking on site
Meantime is part of Asahi Europe International Ltd and is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in Japan. The company has a significant international presence in over 80 countries through its operations in the Netherlands, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and a global partner network in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Meantime Brewing Company is the UK’s leading modern craft brewery.
We were founded by Alastair Hook in 1999 with a mission to change the way people think about beer, from our first beer, Union lager through to our newest innovation Easytime Lager.
Quality and passion are at the heart of everything that we do. We have always had a drive to continuously improve our beers and ensure that the beers are the best in the world. We have won Gold Medals in the World Beer Cup numerous times and were the first UK brewery to do so.
We blend tradition and modern technology in our cutting-edge brewery based in Greenwich, South East London.
Since 2016 we have been part of the Asahi Europe where we have been able to focus on improving our quality and driving our unending pursuit of great tasting session able and approachable beers.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi Europe offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
To apply for the role use the link below or email your CV to Nick.firstname.lastname@example.org