E-Commerce Manager & Packaging Assistant & Bar Person
As our web shop grows, we are looking to hire a part-time E-Commerce Manager and Packaging Assistant at our production hub in Croydon. This varied role is for three days a week minimum, (minimum of 18 hours a week) with the potential for more hours within busy periods. Starting at London Living Wage (£10.85/hr), the ideal all-rounder candidate will also take on additional hours at The Croydon Tap on Saturdays.
The primary role will be spilt over webshop and packaging duties.
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and hard-working person to join Anspach & Hobday to oversee the management and fulfilment of our web shop. This will involve customer service, fulfilling orders, stock management, organising couriers, and other duties.
The role will develop with more strategic responsibilities. For example, sales analytics and review, new listings, helping develop the marketing of the web shop and offering insight to help the team develop new product offerings.
Duties will include:
- Downloading picking lists
- Fulfilling orders
- Liaising with our courier - APC
- Booking parcels with our couriers system
- Helping APC load parcels on busy days
- Dealing with international shipments via UPS
- Stock takes
- Movement of stock from pallets to web shop area
- Maintaining the web shop space amidst a busy production brewery
- Customer enquiries
- Using APC’s portal to help locate misplaced parcels
- Ensuring that order status has been updated on Squarespace
- Managing the inventory on Squarespace
- Uploading new products to Squarespace
The week-day role will also be split between general packaging activities, specifically canning. The role will involve assisting the operation of the canning line which will include making up boxes, weighing cans, filing cases and building up pallets. Typical canning sessions run for 2 - 4 hours and will fit in around webshop responsibilities on weekdays.
We are looking for an exceptional all-rounder candidate. Fundamental to managing the E-commerce is being able to provide great customer service, these skills echo those of great bar staff. We have recently reopened our Croydon Taproom at the brewery and it has been busy enough that we will need more staff! Desire to take on the extra work on a Saturday and immerse yourself in the operation of our front of house will be considered a significant advantage for applicants.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Enjoy customer service roles
- Have general Microsoft and Google Suite experience with basic skills in spreadsheets
- Be Highly organised and conscientious
- Be able to manage the workspace in a busy production environment
- Be adept at working autonomously (eCommerce) or within a team (Packaging & Bar).
- Be able to communicate effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Be interested in retail business development
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Have experience of packaging
- Have experience with Squarespace or other eCommerce platforms
- Have bar experience
Founded in 2013 by Paul Anspach & Jack Hobday, Anspach & Hobday recently set up a new production brewery in Croydon following a successful round of crowdfunding in early 2019. We have managed through the early phases of Covid-19 and continue to be flexible and adaptable as the situation changes. The brewery epitomises London craft beer, brewing traditional styles made for the modern drinker.