Brewer at Canopy Beer Co.
Brewing in Herne Hill, south London for the past 8 years, Canopy are here making beer because it’s hard, not because it’s easy. We’ve got a loyal and dedicated following for our beer and we believe that being small doesn’t mean you’re not ambitious. We’re all about championing the small achievements in life - win or lose, we all celebrate with a beer at the end of the day.
Joining our compact team in Herne Hill, you will be fully involved in all aspects of brewing & packaging at Canopy, working with our 12BBL brewery and ABE canning line. You will have current, relevant working knowledge of brewing processes and an understanding of the workflow in a small brewery. You will be working alongside our senior brewer, our Ops Manager and our Head of Production. We’re about teamwork not hierarchy! In due course you will be able to work independently and there are always opportunities to be involved in new recipe development etc.
- All aspects of brewing & packaging process:
- Mashing in & out
- CIP processes
- Cellaring tasks including dry-hopping, gravity readings
- Ensuring all H&S procedures adhered to
- Operating canning as part of team
- General warehousing as required
- Assisting with smooth transition between brewery & taproom
- Problem-solving & technically minded
- Experienced in brewing & packaging operations
- Forklift driving experience
The salary for this role is £25,000-£28,000pa depending on experience. In addition to our standard 28 days holiday we offer a range of benefits including discounts in our taproom and sister bar The Sympathetic Ear and a cycle to work scheme.
We welcome all applicants with relevant experience.
To apply for this position, please send CVs and a short cover letter to email@example.com